Searching Things Out

It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Synod update Mon. a.m.

Synod is off and running. Give thanks that I did get my bag from the airline last night. Last night Ralph Joseph (Selma, Alabama) preached his retiring moderator’s sermon from Psalm 1. We met in the chapel of Old Main. It was a tough environment…a clock alarm went off in an adjacent professor’s office that could not be turned off…and there were some sound issues as well…but the word was proclaimed and it was a good start to the meetings of Synod. There was a memorial service for Willard McMillan – Ken Smith shared a memory of Willard from one Synod, where there was a three dimensional model of a proposed addition to the seminary shown in a report…people couldn’t see it and there was question as to where to put it so it could be seen and Willard stood and said, “Mr. Moderator, I move we lay it on the table!”

David Hanson, Jared Olivetti and I enjoyed good fellowship last night with my brother Daniel (who is to be married Saturday) in his new home at the Eastvale congregation’s manse.

This morning was our Business of Synod Committee’s breakfast for new delegates where Synod is explained. This morning we are hearing Presbytery reports and the report on the Committee to Understand the Times.

Pray for me as I serve with Rich Johnston and Jared Olivetti as prayer coordinators for the week. Also, I was appointed this morning to serve on the Judicial Committee this week. Denny Prutow is our committee chairman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home